Thursday, April 16, 2009

Final-Banner

This semester was actually pretty amazing for me.

I had so much fun in the class, learning about the proper way to write, making new friends, and getting to do what I love the most--write.

The article I am most proud of was that of the Widows in Iraq. I love writing sports more than anything, but this particular subject was really interesting and special to me.

I was lucky enough to bring a subject to light that not many people get to hear about and reflect on. People think that their wars only effect those who are involved in it, but noone gave a second though to the women who lost their husbands. The women who have kids at home to take care of, but no way to take care of them because they cannot produce a substantial income. In Iraq, women aren't looked at as equals unlike America. They are rarely, if ever, allowed to get jobs to support their families let alone themselves.

I hope that more light will be brought to this issue, and that somehow it can be addressed in Iraq. People need to live, and they need to be able to have the opportunity to provide the lives that they deserve, whether they are male, female, or anything else.

The bottom line is that life is life, how you live that life or produce for it should be illegitimate as long as no laws are broken.

I sincerely hope that people will bring more attention to this and take strides to make this a better situation.

1 comment:

S said...

I agree. It's such a serious issue that people just ignore, intentionally or otherwise. Most forget what's still going on, and who still needs prayers and support. I'm glad you did that, and actually a friend and I were talking about the subject not a week before you wrote it. I'll have to show it to her! I'll miss you ) :